Anne et Bertrand
02 47 27 04 43
06 71 76 35 26
Your hosts speak : French & English
77, rue du Petit Coteau, 37210 Vouvray
Doubles from 90 € / night (breakfast included)
Best Charming Likes
- A charming address in the Vouvray vineyards – a superb elegant 18thC mansion
- Top of the range bedrooms with many original features. Elegant and cosy , spacious and soothing.
- There are two « troglodyte » bedrooms built into the rock – quite unique.
- Relax by the pool – the ideal spot for a quiet nap.
An address full of character and charm , cosy and comfortable .The perfect base to explore this wonderful region. Anne is the most charming of hostesses , she’ll look after you so well. Bertrand is a mine of information , he’s in the tourist business. The perfect combination for a wonderful stay !
Services offered by Bagatelle
- Swimming pool
- Bank card accepted
- credit card accepted
- Swimming pool
- possibility of transport from airport or station on request
Bagatelle : an exceptionnal Guesthouse in the Loire Valley
Bagatelle is an elegant mansion built in the middle of the 18th century.
Located in Vouvray, near Tours, it offers an exceptional setting for relaxation in the heart of the Touraine Vineyards and very close to the most prestigious "Châteaux" of the Loire Valley.
Anne et Bertrand will be glad to welcome you in this charming house, in front of the Loire River and next to the Castle of Montcontour, which brought so many dreams to the famous French writer born in Touraine,Honoré de Balzac.
The house was built in 1755 by a Royal Tax Collector during the reign of Louis the 15th.
It is located 150 meters from the Loire River and is surrounded by a small limestone cliff on the top of which are grown the very famous Touraine Vineyards of White Chenin (Chenin blanc).
It offers five beautiful and refined bedrooms, including two cave dwelling ones, which have their own private bathroom and toilet.
The yard and the swimming pool give a complementary taste of quality for any stay
Surroundings - What to visit around ?
From Vouvray, take the route to the most prestigious "châteaux" of the Loire Valley...
To the East
- The castle of Amboise and the castle of Leonardo da Vinci: the Clos-Lucé (16 km - 10 miles)
- The Clos-Lucé of Leonardo da Vinci (16 km - 10 miles
- The castle of Chenonceau (28 km - 17 miles)
- The castle of Chaumont-sur-Loire (34 km - 21 miles)
To the West
- The castle of Villandry (27 km - 16 miles)
- The castle of Langeais (32 km - 20 miles)
- The castle of Azay-le-Rideau (40 km - 25 miles)
..and the route of the Touraine Wines including the well-known and excellent:
The city of Tours (10 minutes from Vouvray by car)offers famous architectural and historical masterpieces(the old city, the Saint-Martin Basilica, the Saint-Gatien Cathedral...).
The Loire River banks give many opportunities for walking, biking along beautiful trails and even canoeing on the river